Expanse has basically been the flagship of Reason's rack extension armada since its release in 2016. Over the last few years it has received a number of significant updates that have multiplied its sonic capabilities by bolting on (among other things) inter-osc FM and RM capabilities and wavetable loading/importing from sampled sources. The resulting dreadnought is a force to be reckoned with, raining down audio annihilation indiscriminately on its competitors, its more novice users and basically any CPU that was produced before the year 2027. Ok, ok, at Quixotic we are sometimes prone to hyperbole, but still, this vessel of near-infinite potential can be quite daunting to navigate. We at Quixotic however have fearlessly ventured below deck, down into the charcoal hole, deep into the infernal belly of this monochrome leviathan, in search of sonic treasure. Call us Jonah, call us Ishmael, or just call us a bunch of pretentious wankers, it's all the same to us, just as long as you grab this refill and put it to musical use, while we lay there coughing up soot and the occasional barnacle.
- over 300 patches!
- includes polysynths, monosynths, pads, plucks and sequenced sounds
- the focus is on rhythmic/sequenced sounds, with over 130 unique synth phrases and assorted bass and fx rhythms.
- sequences easily fit into tracks/arrangements (no note sequences that clash with your existing harmonies)
- mono & polysynths are velocity-sensitive for expressive and nuanced playing
- refill makes extensive use of update features such as FM and sample loading.
Buy it here